About the job of Senior Manager with Somerset Rivers Authority Full Time
Salary: £44,328 a year
37 hours a week
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Based at County Hall in Taunton, hosted by Somerset County Council (Commissioning Economic and Community)
Closing date for applications: Wednesday August 9th, 2017 5:00pm
Visit the dasjobs.co.uk site to download an Application Form and Job Details
Somerset Rivers Authority (SRA) was formed in 2015 and this is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead the team and drive the organisation forward.
The SRA is currently funded by the county’s councils but it is working towards becoming an authority that can raise its own funds from every household in Somerset to pay for the enhanced flood resilience works that the SRA facilitates to help to protect local communities.
The SRA is made up of the county and district councils, the Environment Agency, Internal Drainage Boards, Wessex Regional Flood & Coastal Committee, Natural England and others; these organisations have their own duties and ways of working so you will have demonstrably good experience of partnership working and the ability to work effectively in an environment with conflicting priorities.
You will have excellent management skills, experience of working with senior people, and a proven track record of having a key role in a partnership.
Ideally you will have a knowledge of flood risk management, along with an understanding and/or the commitment to learn how the SRA interacts with risk management authorities and other agencies in Somerset. You will be able to ensure performance and reporting on the delivery of important flood management schemes that make a big difference to Somerset’s resilience.
This is your chance to make a real difference within Somerset!
About the Somerset Rivers Authority team
The SRA has its own team, made up of the Senior Manager, Governance Officer and Communications Officer. Whilst this is a small team you will have the ability to shape its activities and to work with partners and stakeholders to make sure it delivers to best effect.
We would love to hear from you if you have a strong interest and proven track record in:
- Partnership working, particularly if you have played a key role in partnership(s)
- Stakeholder relationships, in particular if you have had to deal with agencies/groups with varying priorities
- Budget management (the SRA has a budget in the region of £2.85million, paid for by the councils of Somerset)
- Performance management and reporting; whilst there is a system already set up you might want to bring your own approach to make improvements
- Good communication skills and ability to exercise sound judgement when it comes to communicating with groups
- Management where you have ensured your team delivers to your customers’ expectations
What we will offer you in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements
- Staff discounts in gyms
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme
For an informal conversation about the role please get in touch with Barry James, Strategic Commissioning Manager, on 07919 540986 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit an application form or an up-to-date CV and personal information form along with a supporting statement describing your suitability for the post and how you meet the person specification.
Visit the dasjobs.co.uk site to download an Application Form and Job Details Please quote the reference number 10358R/SR Deadline for applications: Wednesday August 9th, 2017, 5:00pm