Somerset Rivers Authority is committed to being transparent, accountable and helpful. A large part of the SRA’s funding comes from Somerset’s council tax payers, so providing a high standard of service to the people of Somerset is a matter of principle and pride.
What can you expect from us?
- We will ask you questions to ensure that we understand what you are asking.
- We will ensure that all correspondence is dealt with in a timely way (usually within 10 working days).
- When an answer has to be investigated, we will keep you updated about what is happening.
- We will seek feedback to help us improve.
- We will work and communicate with our partners in an effective and consistent way.
- We will treat you as an individual and try to see things from your perspective.
What we expect from you
- To be clear about exactly what it is that you are asking.
- To be polite and respectful towards our staff.
How the SRA deals with questions
- You ask a question.
- We decide if the SRA can answer it, or if one of the SRA’s partners is best placed to answer it.
- If one of the SRA’s partners is best placed to answer it, with your permission we will pass your question onto them, or give you their contact details so you can get in touch with them yourself.
- If we decide that the SRA can answer your question, we will tell you to expect an answer within 10 working days.
- The SRA investigates. If matters are complicated, and longer than 10 days is needed, we will let you know. In cases like this, we aim to reply within a month.
- We answer your question. If you want to ask more questions, you can.
Complaints and feedback
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days (sooner if possible) and respond within 10 working days. You will be informed if this needs to be extended to a month.
- We will ensure that we make it clear how and where to complain.
- We ensure that information is kept in confidence.
- Data kept must be accurate, up to-date and relevant.
- We ensure that any document containing personal details is stored / destroyed appropriately.
- We only pass on personal information when we have permission to do so and only to those who need to see it.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
The SRA will respond to Freedom of Information requests through Somerset County Council, which acts as the SRA’s host authority. Use the link below for details about how FOI requests will be dealt with: