Insurance and flooding

Guides to insurance against flooding

Flood Re

Flood Re is a joint initiative between the Government and insurers. Its aim is to make the flood cover part of household insurance policies more affordable. If you live in a residential property built before 2009, you should be eligible – you probably won’t even be aware that your insurer is using the Flood Re scheme; just look for insurance through normal channels:

Guide to Flood Re and other household flood insurance options

If you find that you are unable to gain insurance through the Flood Re scheme, there are other options that you can consider. You may need to phone individual brokers and insurance companies rather than using price comparison websites:

National Flood Forum

A charity to help, support and represent people at risk of flooding. The National Flood Forum has extensive experience with helping people with insurance queries as well as with other issues. It also has a helpline – 01299 403055.

Back To Top